It’s hot weather and getting hotter.
As a tropical country,hot weather is almost round the clock in Malaysia.The hot weather has affected many people in several states.As of August 13,the Malaysian Meteorological Department (MetMalaysia) has recorded a schorching 34 degrees Celcius in Perak,Kelantan,and Pahang!It is the highest temperature so far and this hot weather expected to last until August 19,while other states will continue to experience extreme heat until October.
According to the MetMalaysia Department’s Long-Term Weather Forecast for August until March 2019, this was due to the active phase of the southwest monsoon.
MetMalaysia is also calling the attention of the public to take precoutionary measures like drinking plenty of water and minimize exposure to the sun if possible to avoid diseases such as heatstroke..How can you prevent your AC from breaking down when you need it most?
Regular maintenance like changing air filters and duct cleaning help keep your HVAC system running efficiently potentially saving energy and lowering your cooling bills. However, extreme heat, clogged vents or faulty wiring, can overtax your system and may cause Air conditioning failure at the worst time possible.
Facing Hot Weather With Comprehensive Preventive Maintenance
A comprehensive preventive maintenance inspection and service by an Adimada Aircond certified HVAC technician could save you from a costly repair or two. Being uncomfortable in your own home is the last thing you need.
Let one of our licensed HVAC pros ensure your AC is prepared for the rest of the hot weather. Regular maintenance like changing air filters and duct cleaning help keep your HVAC system running efficiently potentially saving energy and lowering your cooling bills. However, extreme hot weather, clogged vents or faulty wiring, can overtax your system and may cause AC failure at the worst time possible.
Our comprehensive HVAC tune-up package includes:
- Coolant level and pressure checks
- Thermostat calibration
- Electrical system inspection and tightening, including wiring, contacts, capacitors and relays
- Evaporator coil and condensate drain cleaning
- Cleaning and inspection of the condenser, outdoor disconnect, fan motor and blades
- Lubrication as needed
- Plus more safety and efficiency checks
Looking for aircond technician? Check Aircond Service Shah Alam
7 Ways to save energy this extreme hot weather include:
- Set temperatures on the air conditioner between 24 and 25 degrees. Setting an air conditioner just one degree warmer than you normally would can cut cooling costs by 10 per cent
- Only cool the areas people are in by using zoned cooling or alternating between separate units
- Add window coverings such as drapes or roller blinds that fit snugly around windows. This can reduce seasonal heat exchange by almost half. Blinds with light-coloured backings on window-facing sides deflect sun heat
- Add exterior shades or awnings. This can decrease the temperature in a room by up to 3 degrees
- Use fans to cool down. Fans are cheap to run, evaporating moisture from the skin and creating a cooling effect
- When buying a new air conditioner, consider the size of the room. A unit too small for the space will need to run constantly but one too big will run in short cycles, causing extra wear and tear
- Ensure air conditioners are in good shape by regularly cleaning or replacing the filter, keeping outdoor equipment for the system free of dirt, leaves and other debris, and covering the external part of the system when not in use during cooler months
Read More : 5 Ways To Save Energy At Your Home
To make an appointment with your local Adimada Aircond Service! We’re ready to handle all your air conditioning needs, from preventive maintenance and emergency repairs, to new system recommendations and installation during Hot Weather.Call us now 012-2966492