How To Save Energy At Your Home ?
Homeowners know that save energy is a sure way to save money.By making some small changes, you can save energy and help the environment.There are many things you can do to help keep your energy bills down.
Ready for vacation?
Your home should be too! Careful planning can not only help protect your home and your belongings while you travel, but also provide your family with some energy savings to spend on souvenirs! Follow these five simple tips to prepare your home for your absence.
Whether it’s a weekend road-trip or stay at the lake house, remember to follow some of these energy-saving tips to avoid unnecessary expenses while you’re away.
1. Turn off the lights.
If you decide to keep any of your lights on as a security measure, invest in an automatic timer. It can be programmed to turn on your lights during late evening and early morning hours while preventing wasted energy during the day.
2. Turn off your air conditioner.
While it’s important to keep the air circulating in your home while you’re gone, If you have central air conditioner unit with a thermostat,you can drastically cut down on energy usage by turning your thermostat up to 85 degrees. If you have a programmable thermostat, simply use the “vacation” feature to maintain safe and efficient indoor temperatures while you’re gone.
But,if you use split unit air conditioner ,it’s better to turn off or unplug your device to save energy.
3. Unplug appliances and electronics.
Even when they’re turned off, anything that’s plugged into the wall can continue to consume energy. By unplugging your devices or using a smart power strip, you’ll avoid wasting standby power. Don’t forget to unplug your washer and dryer, too.
4. Adjust your water heater(s).
Turn your water heater down to “low” or to “vacation” mode or “switch off”. If your pool also uses a heater, consider purchasing a pool cover that will help minimize heat loss so that you can avoid the cost to reheat it.
Switch to instant water heaters save energy more.Unlike tank water heaters,instant water heaters save more by heating up only when in use.So take a chunk off your bills today.
If you’ll only be gone a few days, turn your refrigerator’s thermostat up a few degrees. If you’ll be gone more than two weeks, clean and empty the refrigerator, prop the door open, and unplug the unit.
Whether it’s a weekend road-trip or “balik kampung”, remember to follow some of these energy-saving tips to avoid unnecessary expenses while you’re away.
Annual Inspections For More Save Energy
An annual inspection allows a technician to identify dirty coils and burned out contactors before they cause long term damage to your system.Many dealers provide priority service for their customers who have an annual maintenance or service agreement. Bi-annual preventative maintenance will ensure that your system runs as efficiently as possible. Your local dealer will perform the following tasks, depending on the unit:
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly—clean and adjust as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Clean or replace air filters
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork)—check for leaks
- Full service chemical cleaning evaporator coil.
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect drain pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet—clean as needed
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models lubricate as needed
- Full service chemical cleaning condenser coil.
Looking For Aircond Technician? Check Adimada Aircond Service Shah Alam
To set up an appointment with one of our Experts who check your current systems for save energy and efficiency improvements!